Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sweet Potato Rolls

This is a recipe that I modified from a recipe I found on the web site The Fresh Loaf. What attracted me to it was the nice orange color of the rolls. This recipe will not give you orange rolls because I use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose but it is still very good.

This makes about a dozen rolls.

  • 1 sweet potato, baked, skin removed
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 brown sugar
  • 3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice

Put ingredients in the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacture. Set the machine to dough cycle.

Once the machine beeps, put the dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead once or twice to insure that it is knocked down. Pinch off 1/4 cup pieces of the dough, roll them smooth and put them on a pan lined with parchment paper. Once you have all your rolls put the pan in the freezer for two hours. After that you can transfer your rolls to a ziplock bag and store in the freezer.

When you're ready to cook them take the rolls out of the freezer and allow them to defrost and rise a second time.

Cook them for 15 min. at 400 degrees.

Using this method I can give Dad his whole wheat roll, Mom her fluffy white roll, and me any odd thing I like.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online